Sunday, June 1, 2008

Repeat after me...

Just happened upon Spoonflower - a little co over East that is printing digital yardage for those of us who need to have our own designs to make stuff. I am so excited about this resource, but you have to be invited right now while they are getting up and running. I really hope I make it on the list. I have a show in July and my printer here is not able to do it right now.

Amy Ruppel also told me about a great tutorial that Julia Rothman gave recently on how to make a textile repeat the old fashioned way. I found it on Design*sponge if you want to check it out. You can also do this in photoshop using the offset filter (for those of us who also do computer design)

I decided to work on some designs for Clothkits as my first project with my new Adobe CS3 software that the team over at Fred Meyer gave me. Here is one of the designs I submitted for the Clothkit contest. I was inspired by good old fashioned calligraphy. I can't wait to do more designs like these! Maybe I will go in this direction for the July Show at Garnish.

No comments: