Friday, June 20, 2008

DIY Camp Denim Etc. Projects


Last day of camp was today. We spent the last two days working on denim projects, cutting up jeans and pants and making them into skirts and bags. The creative juices were flowing! We worked on embellishing our designs after we finished them. Bob did a cool demo - he drew with the tailor's wax as a resist and then used the fabric spray paint to create cool images. The kids dug it and he drew pictures for all of them.
The last day I challenged them to use all the scraps in the scrap baskets to make monsters. I told them any scraps left I would sew onto their clothes. A few of them weren't sure if I was kidding or not!
It was a great week. Up next, 18" doll clothes camp. Meanwhile I will be drawing like mad to finish up some projects I have in the works.

No comments: