Sunday, September 6, 2009

Haunted

It feels like October today which inspired me to enter Spoonflower's Halloween Theme fabric design contest. While I drew this print I was thinking of the haunted houses that are in my memories - Disneyland with my cousins when I was too little and really scared, the Enchanted Forest with my daughter when she was too little and too scared...I wanted to capture a feeling of an old damask fabric without being to literal. I hope I make it to the voting stage!

Click here to see a print from Portland designer Cate Anevski that I saw while I was browsing - I really love it and am excited about the possibility of being in this competition with her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I really love your print, too. It has just the right amount of spooky. Definitely the kind of fabric I'd wear or use to decorate my home.